Xiaomi Mi A2 smartphone was launched in India in July 2018. It comes with a touchscreen display of 5.99-inch with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 2160 pixels. The price in India starts from Rs. 16,999.
The Xiaomi Mi A2 is powered by 1.8GHz octa-core processor and it accompanies 4GB of RAM. The smartphone packs 64GB of internal storage capacity that can be extended by micro-SD card. It has a 20-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 20-megapixel front Camera for taking High Defination selfies.
The Xiaomi Mi A2 runs Android 8.1 Oreo and is powered by a 3000mAh non-removable battery.The Xiaomi Mi A2 is a dual SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone that accepts Nano-SIM and Nano-SIM. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, 3G, 4G, GPS, Bluetooth and USB OTG. Sensors on the smartphone include Compass/Magnetometer, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor and Gyroscope.
Though Mi A2 is a upper mid-range oriented smartphone by the company, there is no doubt this phone is good but every phone has some issues. In this article, we will address some common issues with this handset and their solution.
- Xiaomi Mi A2 Lags too much
- If the issue is happening with opening contacts in your phone, you can try the following:
Go to Security->Manage Apps->Permissions->Contacts->Turn OFF Contacts Permission for all apps except the Contacts and Dialer.
- If every app is opening slow on your MI A2 then you might need to restart your device, so that services can run fresh.
- Lastly, go and wipe your MI A2 and start from a new device.
- Game or Application (like Facebook, camera, Instagram, WhatsApp, PUBG) closes unexpectedly in Xiaomi Mi A2
- Xiaomi has included an in-built app called Security, where you can clear app cache, and speed up your handset.
- Go to Settings > Apps , then choose the app which is crashing frequently and clear its cache/data.
- Uninstall the application and install it from the Google Play Store again.
- Update the app from the play store.
- Xiaomi Mi A2 Touch not working
- Please reset your device and check , if the problem still persists, kindly downgrade to 9.2.4 by fastboot rom via flash tool in computer/laptop, for that you need to unlock your bootloader.
- At last, you can perform a factory reset on the Xiaomi MI A2. Please Backup your Important data before performing factory reset.
- Unable to Download Apps from Play Store in Xiaomi Mi A2
This is one of the common issues among many Android users irrespective of the handset they use. To resolve this:
- Go to settings on the MI A2 and clear app data of the app Play Store.
- Remove or Logout from your Google account by going into Settings > Other Accounts > Google and in the bottom click on the 3 dots and select Remove account . Restart and open Play Store and login again into your Google Account. Then try downloading the app.
- Clear the local search history from the Google's Play store application. Check if the Play store application is updated and try again to download the app.
- Xiaomi Mi A2 Screen Stuck or Screen Frozen
If your phone is stuck while making a call, playing games, online streaming then try the following:
- Check if the phone is overheating. If the CPU temperature is more, close the apps running in background to free up the RAM.
- If you are getting stuck on the default apps on MI A2 such as Phone, Messaging or the camera app, go to Setting > Apps > Default Apps , choose the app you are getting issues with and clear the cache/data.
- If anything else do not work, a factory reset or phone format could help you solve the problem.
- Mi A2 Mobile Network not working properly or internet working slowly
For data network issue, try the following:
- Go to Network type by Settings>More>Cellular Networks>Preffered Network type. Select LTE and save settings.
- Turn Airplane mode ON and then OFF.
- Remove the SIM card from device and put it back again.
- Xiaomi Mi A2 Hangs on Logo Screen
- Download "MI Flash Tool" from here.
- Then Download "Fast boot File" according to your device details.
- Press "Volume Down key + Power key" together to select the "FASTBOOT" mode.
- Connect the device to Computer or Laptop via USB Cable or Deep Flash Cable.
- Install and open "MI Flash Tool" application on Computer or Laptop, click on "FLASH" button to connect your device to software.
- Click "Select" button to give the path of "Fast boot File", and click on "FLASH" button to flash it.
- After successfully flashing done, disconnected device, wait 7-8 Minutes till it starts.
- If stuck on "MI Logo", restart it by pressing "Volume down Key + Power Key".
- Again wait for 8-10 minute, it will start.
This Issues are very common in All Devices. Xiaomi Mi A2 is worth buying at this price range
Xiaomi has a reputation for building devices which are an extremely good value without cutting corners. The main draw in MI A2 is the camera which features a 12MP + 20MP camera setup at the back, it sports one of the best cameras in this price range. The camera takes fantastic photos in both daylight and low-light scenarios, and there's also a 20MP front camera with AI-assisted portrait mode that works particularly well for selfies.As for battery life, the 3000mAh battery delivers a day's worth of usage without any issues, and Quick Charge 4.0 if you're picking up the device in India. The Mi A2 is configured to pick up the Android 9.0 Pie update sometime before the end of the year.